BUTTON SEWING MACHINE LIFTING ARM AND THREAD PULLOFF MAINTENANCE.
This task consists of:
INITIAL SETUP :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B,
Thread removed (para. 2-13)
Side cover removed (para. 5-42)
Presser bar removed (para. 5-48)
Rag, wiping (Appendix F, Item 2)
Lifting lever removed (para. 5-52)
Cleaning Solvent (Appendix F, Item 8)
Face plate removed (para. 5-43)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix F, Item 1)
(1) Remove cotter pin and lifting rod from lifting rod arm (1).
(2) Remove setscrew (2) and lifting arm (3).
(3) Loosen two screws (4) Remove front pulloff (5) and rear pulloff (6).
(4) Loosen two setscrews (7), three screws (8), and remove screw (9).
(5) Drive clamp lift shaft (10) through machine from the back to the front. Remove two thread collars
(11) and (12), thread spring (13), rear thread holder (14), thread collar (15), rear thread holder (16),
and lifting rod arm (1).