5-57. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE LIFTING ARM AND THREAD PULLO FF MAINTENANCE continued.
(1) Slide clamp lift shaft (1) into the front of the machine head through thread collar (2), thread collar (3),
thread spring (4), rear thread holder (5), thread collar (6), rear thread holder (7), and lifting rod arm
(2) Install lifting arm (9). Make sure setscrew (10) lines up with the flat of the clamp lift shaft (1), flush
with the end of the clamp lift shaft (1).
(3) Install screw (11) making sure that the dimple lines up with the point of screw (11). Tighten screw (11)
and three screws (7).
(4) Slide thread collar (2), thread collar (3), and tighten the two setscrews (12) so that the clamp lift shaft
(1) rotates freely with minimum side play.
(5) Install rear pulloff (13) and front pulloff (14). Secure with two setscrews (15). Make sure flats on the
rear pull off (13) and front pulloff line up with setscrews (15).
(6) Attach lift rod arm (8) to lifting rod and secure with cotter pin
(1) Adjust the tension of the thread pulloff (para. 2-13).