5-59. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE STOP MOTION SHAFT MAINTENANCE-continued.
(10) Remove setscrew (19) and remove the collar stud (20).
(1) Remove all buildups of grease, dirt, etc., with a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2).
Cleaning solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is both toxic and flammable. Keep off skin.
Use only in a well-ventilated area and avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Keep away from
(2) Clean using cleaning solvent (Appendix F, Item 8) and either a wiping rag (Appendix F, Item 2) or a
medium bristle brush (Appendix F, Item 1).
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect hardware for damage.
(2) Inspect shaft collar for damage.
(3) Inspect starting crank for damage.
(4) Inspect stop motion shaft for damage.
(5) Inspect stop motion spring for corrosion or broken coils.