5-60. BUTTON SEWING MACHINE ARM ROCKSHAFT MAINTENANCE.
This task covers:
INITIAL SETUP :
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Appendix B,
Rag, wiping (Appendix F, Item 2)
Cleaning Solvent (Appendix F, Item 8)
Brush, Medium Bristle (Appendix F, Item 1)
Needle bar removed (para 5-45).
(1) Remove link hinge screw (1), nut (2) and needle bar link (3).
(2) Remove two setscrews (4).
(3) Remove crank screw (5) and rod screw nut (6).
A small access plate on the back side of the machine may need to be removed to have access
to crank screw (7).
(4) Loosen crank screw (7).
(5) Carefully drive rockshaft (10) through rockshaft crank (11) and collar (19) out through the front of the
(6) Remove two cap screws (8), bottom half of needle bar rod (9), upper half of needle bar rod (18), and
rockshaft crank (11).
(7) Mark on rockshaft (10) position of rockshaft crank (12). Drive tapered pin (13) through rockshaft
crank (12) and rockshaft (10).
(8) Remove hinge screw nut (14), rod screw (15) and rockshaft crank (11) from upper needle bar rod
(9) Loosen rod screw nut (16) and remove hinge screw (17) from the upper half of needle bar rod (18).