ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE - continued.
Assembly of Button Machine Table - continued.
Pulley belt (11) may be already attached to the machine head (8).
Install the other end of the pulley belt (11) to the
machine pulley by tilting the head back and installing
the pulley belt (11). To attach the belt (11) to the
machine head (8), loosen the two screws (21) on the
slide starting bracket plate (22). Rotate the slide plate
up in order to slide the belt (11) on. Rotate the slide
plate (22) to the original position so it just contacts the
ball on the clutch, enough to keep the large ball from
falling out and the drive pulley (23) should be 1/16"
away from the clutch wheel. Return the machine head
(8) to the upright position.
(10) Secure machine head (8) using lock thumbscrew (9).
(11) Adjust the belt (11) so that it is not stretched but yet not so
loose that the machine does not operate. Refer to
paragraph 3-10 for belt adjustment procedure.
(12) Install thread unwinder base (12) to table (5) and secure
with two machine screws (6).
(13) Install post (13), to base (12) and secure with setscrew
(14) Install center pin (15) into base (12) by lightly tapping with