2-11. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR CLOTHING SEWING MACHINE - continued.
Installing the Bobbin Case and Bobbin.
Always rotate the hand wheel towards you. Turning the hand wheel away from you will break or
bend needles or damage bobbin case or oscillating shuttle.
(1) Depress foot treadle and turn the machine hand wheel toward you until the needle bar
its highest point.
(2) Open slide plate (1) from machine bed (2).
(3) Hold the threaded bobbin case (3) with latch (4) out so the bobbin will not drop out of the case.
(4) Place the bobbin case on the center stud (5) of the rotary sewing hook so that the position finger
(7) on the bobbin case is opposite notch (8) at the top of oscillating shuttle (6).
(5) Press bobbin case (3) onto the stud (5) until the latch snaps into the groove near the end of the
stud (5). Be sure position finger (7) on bobbin case (3) is in the notch (8) at top of oscillating
shuttle (6). About 3 inches of thread should be left hanging down from the bobbin case.
(6) Close slide plate (1).