2-12. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR DARNING SEWING MACHINE - continued.
Threading Needle. To thread the machine perform the following steps:
(1) Lead the thread from right to left through the upper guide hole in pin (1).
(2) From the thread stand lead the thread from back to front through the lower guide hole pin
(1) on top of the machine arm.
(3) Pass thread in weaving fashion through the three holes in thread guide (2).
(4) Pass thread from right to left over and between the tension disc (3).
(5) Pull thread downward and from right to left beneath and around thread controller (4),
continue to pull thread upward against the pressure of the wire spring into fork in the
thread controller (4).
(6) Guide thread upward through thread guide (5) and from right to left through the eye at
the tip of take-up lever (6).
(7) Continue to pass thread down through thread guide (5) again and then through (7), (8) and (9),
then from left to right through the eye of needle (10).