2-12. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR DARNING SEWING MACHINE - continued.
(1) Place an empty bobbin (1) on the bobbin winder spindle (2) and push it on as far as it will
(2) Pass the thread (3) from the thread stand bobbin spool up through thread stand hook, down
through the hole in the tension bracket (4) and down between the bobbin winder tension disks (5).
(3) Pass the thread (3) from the lower side of the tension disks (5) to bobbin (1).
(4) Pass the thread (3) around the bottom side of the bobbin (1) and wind it around the bobbin a few
(5) Push thumb lever (6) until it latches and holds the winder pulley (7) against the drive belt (8).
The bobbin may be wound while the machine is in operation. However, if no material is under
the needle, pull the thread from the needle to prevent it from catching the bobbin thread and
balling up under the throat plate, and also raise the presser foot to prevent undue wear on the
(6) Press the ON button to start the motor and depress the foot treadle to wind the bobbin (1) until
the bobbin is fully wound. If properly adjusted by the stop latch adjusting screw (10), the
automatic stop latch (9) will operate and throw the bobbin winder pulley (7) away from the
machine belt when thread is 1/16 inch below the spool lip.