2-12. OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR DARNING SEWING MACHINE - continued.
Always rotate the machine hand wheel towards you. Turning the hand wheel away from you will
break or bend needles or damage bobbin case or rotating sewing hook.
(1) Using your hand, turn the machine hand wheel toward you until the needle bar travelsto
its highest point.
(2) Open the latch (1) on the bobbin case.
(3) Install bobbin (2) over the center stud, ensuring the thread is going counterclockwise. Draw
thread end out at least five inches.
(4) Close latch (1).
(5) Pull thread into slot (3).
Thread must engage behind the tension spring.
(6) Pull thread strongly to the left in back of the tension spring.
(7) At least five inches of thread should be left hanging down from the case.