This task covers: a. Removal b. Installation
Shower facility not in use.
Shower facility shut down and power disconnected,
Pipe Wrench (Appendix B, Section III, Item 2)
Fitted Wrench (Appendix B, Section III, Item 2
General Safety Instructions:
High voltage is used in the portable shower
module. Care must be taken to avoid personal
Injury of death fro energized circuits.
(1) Release coupling (1) and disconnect mating hose end coupling.
(2) Release mating hose end coupling connected to coupling (2) and disconnect.
(3) Remove four screws (3), cover (4), and gasket (5). Tag and disconnect wire leads from diaphragm (drain)
(4) Remove conduit, with wire leads inside, form conduit connector (7) then remove conduit connector.
(5) Remove coupling (8), nipple (9), and elbow (10).
(6) Remove coupling (1).
(7) Remove four self locking nuts (11), flat washers (12), bolts (13), flat washers (14), and diaphragm (drain)
pump (6). Discard self-locking nuts.
(8) Replace any defective, missing, or damaged components.
(9) Send removed diaphragm (drain) pump (6) to direct support maintenance for repair.