4.17. DIAPHRAGM TANK & FITTINGS REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This task covers: a. Installation b. Removal c. Disassembly d. Assembly e. Installation
Shower facility not in use.
Pipe Wrench (Appendix B, Section III, Item 2)
a. Inspection. Check for damage or missing parts. Based on the inspection, determine if the diaphragm tank
and fittings can be repaired or if they must be replaced.
Remove only if necessary for repairs.
(1) Remove cold line hoe assembly from bushing (1) and elbow (2). See paragraph 4.12.
(2) Disconnect cold line hose assembly end from tee (3). See paragraph 4.12.
(3) Remove elbow (4) with bushing (1) attached.
(4) Remove two clamps (5) and diaphragm tank (6).
(5) Remove bushing (7) with nipple (8), tee (3), and elbow (2) attached.
Repair is limited to replacement of defective, missing or damaged
components. Disassemble only to the extent necessary to repair the
(1) Disassemble elbow (4) and bushing (1).
(2) Disassemble elbow (2), tee (3), nipple (8), and bushing (7).