4.17. DIAPHRAGM TANK & FITTINGS REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. - CONTINUED
(1) Be sure any defective, missing, or damaged components have been replaced.
(2) Position plate (16) in place and align mounting holes then secure using four bolts (15), now lock washers
(14), and nuts (13).
The following procedure applies to both brackets. The quantities listed
in the procedure are for one bracket only.
(3) Position bracket (12) in place and align mounting holes then secure using bolt (11), new lock washer (10,
and nut (9).
(4) Apply sealing compound to threaded end (s) of nipple (8) and elbow (2) then assemble elbow, tee (3),
nipple, and bushing (7).
(5) Apply sealing compound to threaded end of bushing (4) then assemble elbow and bushing (1).
(1) Apply sealing compound to threaded ends of bushing (7) then install bushing with nipple (8), tee (3), and
elbow (2) attached.
(2) Install diaphragm tank (6) and secure using two clamps (5).
(3) Apply sealing compound to diaphragm tank (6) fitting then install elbow (4) wi th bushing (1) attached.
(4) Install cold line hose assembly onto bushing (1) and elbow (2). See paragraph 4.12.