5.2. POWER CABLE ASSEMBLIES REPAIR.
This task covers: a. Disassembly b. Assembly
General Safety Instructions:
General Mechanics Tool Set (Appendix B, Section III,
General Safety instructions:
High voltage is used in the portable shower
module. Care must be taken to avoid personal
injury or death from energized circuits.
Repair in limited to replacement of defective, missing, or damaged
components. Disassemble only to the extent necessary to repair the
(1) Remove plugs (1 and 2).
(2) Remove four screws (3) and lock washers (4). Discard lock washers.
(3) Slide pump case (5) off pump side (6).
(4) Carefully remove performed packing (7) for use during assembly. If preformed packing is damaged,
(5) Loosen and remove the impeller (8) by turning it counterclockwise. It may be necessary to strike the edge
of the impeller with a rubber mallet as well as restrain the cooling fan located in the back of the motor (9)
to loosen it.
(6) Remove shims (10 and 11).