5.2. DIAPHRAGM (DRAIN) PUMP ASSEMBLY REPAIR.
This task covers: a. Disassembly b. Assembly
General Mechanics Tool Set (Appendix B, Section III,
General Safety Instructions:
High voltage is used in the portable shower
module. Care must be taken to avoid personal
injury or death from energized circuits.
Repair in limited to replacement of defective, missing, or damaged
components. Disassemble only to the extent necessary to repair the
(1) Remove four nuts (1), lock washers (2), screws (3), and pump base (4). Discard lock
Note orientation of discharge chamber and check valve assembly for use during
(2) Remove four nuts (5), screws (6), discharge chamber (7), and carefully remove check valve
assembly (8) for use during assembly. If heck valve assembly is damaged, discard it.
(3) Remove four nuts (9), screws (10), suction chamber (11), and carefully remove check valve
assembly (12) for use during assembly. If check valve assembly is damaged, discard it.
(4) Remove snap ring (13).
(5) Remove two screws (14), lock washers (15), sealing washers (16), pump support plate (17),
diaphragm (18), and eccentric housing (19). Discard lock washers and sealing washers.
(6) Remove cap (20) and grease fitting (21).
(7) Remove eccentric disk (22) and key (23).
(8) Remove four screws (24), lock washers (25), and motor (26). Discard lock washers.