Unpack Containerized Shower and Position Components
1. Open the double service doors (1) of the container.
2. Remove the straps securing the M-80 water heater (2) to the mounting platform (3). Remove the
straps securing the 30 gpm water pump (4) to the equipment mounting platform.
The equipment to be removed from the Containerized Shower is heavy (480 lbs),
awkward, and difficult to maneuver. To prevent injury, seven or eight persons are
required to remove and carry it.
3. Lift the 30 gpm water pump (4) off the platform (3). Carry 30 gpm water pump to a position about
10 feet from the water service panel (5) of the container.
4. Lift the M-80 water heater (2) off of the platform (3). Carry the M-80 water heater downward from
prevailing winds to a position of about 6 to 10-feet from the water service panel (5) of the container.
5. Open personnel entry door (6).
6. Remove exhaust fan (7) from the shower container and place it approximately 5-feet from the
7. Remove all hoses and power cables (8) from the container and place outside.
8. Remove TEMPER components (9). Place components about 20-feet from the personnel door
9. Remove 3000 gallon water tank (10) and position approximately 15-feet from the 30 gpm Water
10. Inventory equipment and ensure the following items are available, clean and ready to be placed into
service. Refer to Table 1. Containerized Shower Inventory.