PREPARE POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM FOR USE
To prepare the power distribution system for use, proceed as follows:
Ground Containerized Shower
The container must be grounded. To ground the Containerized Shower proceed as follows:
The Containerized Shower must be electrically grounded. Failure to ground the shower
may result in serious injury or death to personnel from electrocution or damage to
Leather gloves and eye protection must be worn when installing the grounding rod.
Failure to do so could result in serious injury to eyes or hands. Do not place hands
between the driving stud and the coupling. Be sure all connections are tight so as to
avoid spark between the units and ground rod.
Ensure all circuit breakers on circuit breaker panel are set to the OFF position to prevent
shorting of equipment when power is initially established.
Drive grounding rod next to the power panel approximately 8 to 9-feet deep.
1. Identify the following components: slide hammer (1), driving rod (2), three ground rod sections (3),
three couplings (4), and ground cable (5) with clamp (6) and connector.
2. Screw coupling (4) onto the flat end of rod section (3).
3. Install slide hammer (1) onto driving rod (2).
4. Install driving rod (2) onto coupling (4). Turn the nut and anvil (7) down towards the coupling until
both are tight.
5. Drive the section (3) into the ground with a slide hammer (1) until only six inches of the ground rod
section remains above ground. Remove the driving rod (2) from the coupling.
6. Screw the pointed end of a second ground rod section (3) into the first ground rod coupling (4); screw
the second ground rod coupling onto the second ground rod section.
7. Install driving rod (2) onto coupling (4).