OPERATOR'S, UNIT, AND DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
SHOWER, ENCLOSED UNIT, SYSTEM
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS SETUP
This work package covers the setup of the Shower, Enclosed Unit, System (Force Provider) only.
As part of the Force Provider system, the Shower, Enclosed Unit, System is shipped with all necessary
water hoses and power cables, four disassembled shave stands, and the 32-foot TEMPER with modified
end wall packed in TRICON containers 4B and 4E. Components for the M-80 water heater are included
in the Force Provider system and packed in TRICON container 4E. If used, the Shower, Enclosed Unit,
System air conditioners are packed in TRICON container 4C.
Unpack Shower, Enclosed Unit, System and Position Components (Force Provider
At least six soldiers are required to unpack the Shower, Enclosed Unit, System in preparation for use.
Refer to this work package for information regarding the inventory of shower items.
The equipment to be positioned is heavy (480 lbs.), awkward, and difficult to maneuver.
To prevent injury, seven or eight persons are required to remove and carry it.
Unpack and position only the components listed below. Other components will be
unpacked after the TEMPER has been put up.
1. Locate and unpack the M-80 water heater (1) and its components from Force Provider TRICON
container 4E (refer to TM 10-5419-206-13).
2. Carry the M-80 water heater downward from prevailing winds to a position about six to ten feet from
the water service panel (2) of the container.
3. Remove all hoses and power cables (3) from TRICON container 4B and place next to M-80.
4. Remove TEMPER components (4) from TRICON container 4B. Place components about ten feet
off to the side of the personnel door entrance (5).
5. Remove the exhaust fan (6) from the shower container and place it approximately five feet from the
container steps (7).