Prepare Shave Stands for Use
The equipment to be assembled and moved is heavy, awkward, and very difficult to
maneuver. To prevent injury, eight persons are required for the following procedure.
1. Use a forklift to transport the packed shave stands (1) from the TRICON to the shower container. If
a forklift is not available, the packed shave stands are an eight-man lift.
2. Start with one packed shave stand. Remove the mirrors (2), and place them inside the container
until they are needed. Remove the legs (3), and place them in a shower stall.
3. Unstrap the two basin assemblies (4).
4. Install four legs on the upper basin assembly (4). Secure the legs (3) with the attached pins (5).
5. Lift the upper basin assembly (4), turn it upright, and place it in position.
6. Tip remaining basin assembly (4) on its back.
7. Install four legs on the basin assembly (4), and secure the legs (3) with the attached pins (5).
8. Place the shave stands into position.
9. Install the mirrors (2) on the shave stands.
10. Repeat steps 2 through 9 for the remaining packed shave stands
11. Connect a 50-foot 110V AC extension cord (6) between a shave stand and the convenience outlet
on the power service panel of the Shower, Enclosed Unit, System. Ensure that the cord is placed
out of the way, and does not present a tripping hazard.
12. Connect the 6-foot by 1-inch graywater hose (7) to the shower and the shave stand closest to the
container. (Refer to the following pages for more information on laying out the hoses.)
13. Connect the 6-foot by -inch cold and hot water supply hoses (8) to the shower and the shave
stand closest to the container. (Refer to the following pages for more information on laying out the
14. Connect the remaining shave stand to the first using the installed electrical receptacles and hose
connections. The second shave stand will use the 2-foot lengths (9) of -inch and 1-inch hose.
(Refer to the following pages for more information on laying out the hoses.)
15. Connect the -inch dust caps together. Drape all the dust caps over the frame of the shave stand
basin assembly to keep them out of the way.