Inspect Fluorescent Light Assembly Ballast
Always secure and tap circuit breaker in OFF position or disconnect equipment's power
cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs. The
shower is a wet environment capable of posing an electrical shock hazard when
personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal parts. Failure to observe this
safety warning may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
A step aid may be required for this procedure.
1. Unclip the six retaining clips (1) and remove plastic lens cover (2).
2. Remove the bulb retaining clips (3) (2 per bulb).
3. Support fluorescent bulb (4) firmly and twist.
4. Remove fluorescent light bulbs (4) from light assembly.
5. Remove the twist fastener (5).
6. Remove the reflector (6).
7. Inspect the ballast (7) for leaking fluid and burnt areas on the case. Report a suspect or
unserviceable ballast to unit maintenance.
8. Install the reflector (6), and secure with the twist fastener (5).
9. Install the fluorescent bulbs (4) and the bulb retaining clips (3).
10. Install the plastic lens cover (2) and secure it with the six retaining clips (1).