Replace an Inoperative or Malfunctioning Space Heater
If the space heater malfunctions during operation, it may still be hot enough to cause
burns. Allow time for the unit to cool before servicing. Do not attempt to handle a heater
assembly without gloves. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in serious
injury to personnel.
1. Remove thermostat knob (1).
2. Remove four screws (2) from heater from front cover.
3. Remove front cover (3).
4. Remove two screws (4) from heater assembly (5).
5. Remove heater assembly (5) from back box (6).
Always secure and tag circuit breaker in OFF position or disconnect equipment's power
cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs. The
shower is a wet environment capable of posing an electrical shock hazard when
personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal parts. Failure to observe this
safety warning may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
6. Unplug disconnect socket (7) from heater assembly (5).
The replacement heater assembly will require disassembly prior to installation. Follow steps
1 through 6 above to disassemble the replacement heater assembly. After disassembling the
replacement heater assembly, discard the back box it will not be replaced.
7. Attach disconnect socket (7) to replacement heater assembly.
8. Place heater assembly (5) into back box (6).
9. Secure with two retaining screws (4).
10. Replace front cover (3).
11. Reinstall screws (2) into heater.
12. Replace thermostat knob (1).