Replace Mixer Valve (Late Production Containerized Shower only)
Early production Containerized Showers have the mixer valve connected by unions into
copper pipes. Later production Containerized Showers are connected by flexible plastic
hoses. Ensure that you know which model you have before proceeding.
1. Ensure circuit breaker No. 2/4/6 is set to the OFF position, the water supply is turned OFF at the
pump and all pressure has been relieved from the system.
2. Loosen the hose clamp (1) retaining the hose (2) to the mixer valve (3).
3. Remove the hose (2) from the mixer valve (3).
4. Remove the hose nipple from the pipefitting.
5. Remove the pipe fittings (4) from the mixer valve (3).
6. Unscrew the unions securing the mixer valve (3) to the adjacent fixtures.
7. Remove the mixer valve (3).
8. Install the replacement mixer valve (3) on the adjacent fixtures, and tighten the unions.
9. Wrap the pipe fitting with anti-seize tape and install the hose nipple on the pipefitting.
10. Wrap the pipe fittings with anti-seize tape and install the pipe fittings (4) onto the mixer valve (3).
11. Install the hose (2) onto the mixer valve (3).
12. Tighten the hose clamps (1).
13. Pressurize the water system, and inspect for leaks. Tighten the hose clamps (1) as necessary to
correct any leaks at the joints.