Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber
gloves, safety splash goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for
contact with wastewater or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be
contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk
of serious illness or death.
Never mix chemicals or detergent and sanitizing solutions, this may produce highly toxic
or poisonous gas that can cause serious illness or death to personnel.
The sump pump must be in operation during this procedure to evacuate the tank.
4. Manually pump the graywater tank, using the sump pump override.
5. Using hot, soapy water or chlorine solution, long handle brushes, and a garden hose, clean the duct
(7) and tank (8).
6. Rinse the cleaned areas with fresh water, using a garden hose connected to the spigot (9).
7. Manually pump the graywater tank.
8. Place the tank cover plates (5) and duct cover plates (6) into position and bolt them in place.