FRESH WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY
Shop Equipment Automotive Maintenance and
Repair: Organizational Maintenance, Common
30 GPM Pump set up.
Set circuit breaker No. 2/4/6 to the OFF position
and tag. Power TEE disconnected. Shut down and
disconnect water supply, all water pressure
relieved from system.
Repair Leaks at Pipe Connections
Repair of plumbing requires the use of tools in restricted spaces. Slipping wrenches can
cause serious injury.
1. Ensure the pump (1) is drained and all pressure is relieved from the system.
Always use two pipe wrenches when tightening or loosening pipefittings. Use one pipe
wrench to turn the fitting, and another to secure the pipe. Failure to do so can twist the
fitting on the pipe, damaging both.
2. Using a pipe wrench, disconnect leaking pipe-fittings (2).
3. Clean disassembled pipe-fittings (2).
4. Coat connections with anti-seize tape.
5. Reassemble and tighten pipe-fittings (2).
6. If leak persists, replace pipe-fittings (2) as necessary.