Replace the Freshwater Pump
Always secure and tag circuit breaker in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs.
Remember, the shower is a wet environment capable of posing an electrical shock
hazard when personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal parts. Failure
to observe this safety warning may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Remove all connected supply and discharge hoses.
2. Remove two screws (1) from junction box cover (2).
3. Remove junction box cover (2).
A wiring diagram for the pump is affixed to the underside of the junction box cover. If the
diagram is missing, make a diagram illustrating the wire to terminal connections.
4. Disconnect and tag all wires (3) leading from conduit (4), including the ground wire.
5. Unscrew and remove conduit (4).
6. Loosen hose clamps (5) on -inch discharge hose (6).
7. Remove -inch discharge hose (6).
8. Remove four bolts (7) securing freshwater pump (8) to frame (9).
9. Remove pump (8) from frame (9).
Make note of the relative positions of the fittings removed from the freshwater pump. The
fittings must be installed in the same position on the replacement pump.
10. Using a pipe wrench, remove pump inlet fittings and Y strainer (10) as an assembly from pump (8).
11. Using a pipe wrench, remove pump discharge fittings (11) as an assembly from pump (8).
12. Clean pipe threads on all fittings, and apply anti-seize tape to all pipe threads.