Test Exhaust Fan Switch or Light Switch
Always secure and tag circuit breakers OFF before attempting any electrical repairs,
even minor tasks such as replacing a bulb. Remember that the shower is a wet
environment, and capable of posing a shock hazard even when personnel are not in
direct contact with metal parts. Failure to observe safety precautions may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Remove the two switch cover screws (1).
2. Remove the switch cover (2).
3. Remove the two screws (3) securing the switch (4) to the switch box (5).
4. Pull the switch out of the box.
5. Disconnect and tag the wiring at the switch.
Do not attempt to test continuity with the switch in place. Electrical components still in
line with the switch may give a false reading.
6. Place the switch in the ON position.
8. If there is no continuity, replace the switch
9. Place the switch in the OFF position.
11. If there is continuity, replace the switch.
12. Reinstall the switch in the reverse order of steps 1 through 6.