1. Open the blackwater drain connection door (1) and check wastewater holding tank #2 for presence of
waste. If waste is present refer to WP 0010 00 for sanitization procedures. Otherwise proceed to
Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber
gloves, safety splash goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for
contact with wastewater or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be
contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk of
serious illness or death to personnel.
2. Use a clean out plug wrench (2) to remove the blackwater drain connection countersunk plug (3).
3. Ensure antisieze tape is wrapped around the threads on the 4-inch valve assembly (4); rewrap if
4. Ensure the valve handle is in the OFF position, and connect the 4-inch valve assembly (4) to
blackwater drain connection countersunk (5). Tighten with strap wrench, and ensure that the handle
can be operated.
5. Connect hose to the 4-inch valve assembly (4) if waste is going to be gravity fed directly into a sewer
or a field hygiene sanitation system, IAW FM 21-10. Otherwise, schedule regular pickup by vacuum
trailer or truck.
6. Sanitize the blackwater drain connection countersunk plug (3) and clean out plug wrench (2) and
store them under the sink. Refer to WP 0010 00 and TB MED 577 for sanitization procedures.