Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber gloves,
safety splash goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for contact with
wastewater or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be contaminated with
pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk of serious illness or
death to personnel.
1. Flush all toilets (1), urinal (2), and open all faucets for several minutes to hypochlorinate the system.
2. Set sump pump switch (3) to ON position until contents of tank #1 (4) are emptied into tank #2 (5).
This will be indicated by diminished water movement in tank #2, and by a sucking sound from tank #1.
3. Open waste tank valve (6) to flush holding tank #2 (5).
4. Remove the screws retaining the six access panels (7) to the holding tank, and remove the panels.
Attach a garden hose with nozzle to the spigot (8), and rinse the holding tank of any solids.
Immediately after rinsing, reinstall the panels and retain with screws.
5. Using a paddle, direct all solids towards drain. If the 4-inch valve assembly (9) and 4-inch hose are
used, allow the last of the contents of tank #2 (5) to drain. Otherwise, have blackwater pumped out of
6. Clean paddle and personal protective clothing using a general purpose detergent solution, then
sanitize using a ten-to-one solution of household bleach in warm water (i.e. 6-ounces in 2-quarts of
water) and allow to air dry.
7. After complete evacuation of the waste, close waste tank valve (6).
8. Have blackwater pumped out of tank #2 (5) and delivered to disposal site.
9. Fill tank #1 (4) with chlorine solution by pouring agent into urinal (2). Fill tank #2 (5) with solution by
pouring cleaning agent into toilets (1) until agent is level with bottom of toilets. Allow the cleaning
agent to sit in tanks for at least 8-hours.
10. Empty tanks #1 (4) and #2 (5). Allow tanks to completely drain.
11. Turn 4-inch valve assembly (9) off and disconnect 4-inch hose (if used). Drain hose completely until
dry and install dust caps.
12. Remove 4-inch valve assembly (9). Reinstall the drain plug (10) retained under sink with clean out
plug wrench (11).
13. Clean and disinfect paddle and 4-inch valve assembly, by pouring chlorine solution over paddle inside
tank #2 (2).