Ensure power to water heater is turned off before draining system. This will prevent
1. After the interior and all components of the latrine have been cleaned, turn off the 30 GPM water
pump at the switch (1) and close water supply (2).
2. Switch water pump (#9/11) and hot water heater (#2B) circuit breakers in the circuit breaker panel (3)
to the OFF position.
3. Close valve (2) at 3,000-gallon water tank (4). Disconnect 1-inch x 20-foot hose (5) from service
entry panel (6) and the 3,000-gallon water tank. Drain water from hose and install dust caps (7).
Clean and coil hose.
4. Drain 3,000-gallon water tank (4).
5. Attach garden hose to hot water drain spigot (8).
6. Attach hose to supply line drain spigot (9). Open spigot and allow water to drain outside. Close spigot
and remove hose.
7. Disconnect, drain, clean, and coil garden hose.