Containerized Latrine System (CLS)
(Using Cold Weather Equipment)
Assemble Base Insulation Sheeting
1. Find a clean, clear, level area for set-up of the 3,000-gallon water tank.
2. Roll out and cut insulation sheeting (1) to form a 16-foot X 16-foot base.
3. Using foil tape, tape insulation sheeting to form on 16-foot X 16-foot base sheet.
A three person lift is required when lifting, moving, or positioning the empty 3,000-gallon
water tank. Failure to do so may cause injury to personnel.
Position the 3,000-Gallon Water Tank
1. Center the empty 3,000-gallon water tank (wrapped in cover) (2) on the 16-foot X16-foot base
2. Unhook the two D-buckles on the water tank cover.
3. Unfold the cover to expose the water tank.
4. Reposition the cover and tank to ensure there is at least 1-foot of insulation sheeting surrounding the
centered cover and water tank.
5. Ensure the input valve on the water tank is placed to facilitate filling.
6. Set-up the 3,000-gallon water tank IAW TM 5-5430-237-12&P.