Disassemble 3,000 Gallon Water Tank With Cold Weather Equipment
Before removing heat trace hoses, ensure the heat trace hose has had at least 15 minutes to
cool off from the time it was unplugged/turned-off. Failure to do so may cause serious burn
injury to personnel.
1. Unplug heat trace hose and heater from ISO container.
2. Remove extension cords, coil cords and store.
3. Close (OFF position) all valves on the 3,000-gallon water tank.
4. Disconnect hoses from the ISO container.
5. Remove dark cover from water tank.
6. Fold cover and set aside.
When draining, water may backwash and freezing will occur if hoses are not extended far
enough from water tank.
7. Drain water tank IAW TM 5-5430-237-12&P.
8. While the water tank is draining, remove the insulation sheeting from the entire water tank. Untape
the base sheeting from the water tank at this time. (The base sheeting will be removed after folding
the water tank.)
9. Dispose of used sheeting IAW field standard procedures.
10. Disconnect all hoses from the 3,000-gallon water tank.
11. Disconnect the 2-inch x 1-inch reducer from the return hose and stow reducer.
12. Disconnect the 2-inch x 1-inch reducer from the heat trace hose and stow reducer.
Hoses without dust caps should have the male and female QD fittings connected to prevent
13. Drain all hoses of excess water; coil hoses, fit dust caps, and store.