Replace Fluorescent Light Bulbs (Containerized Latrine System (CLS))
Power must be shut down at the light switch and circuit breaker (#2A) before replacing
fluorescent lights. Failure to follow this warning could result in serious injury or death to
personnel by electrocution. Always secure and tag circuit breakers and switches OFF
before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor tasks such as replacing a bulb.
Remember that the latrine is a wet environment, and capable of posing a shock hazard
even when personnel are not in direct contact with metal parts.
Fluorescent bulbs can shatter during changing. Gloves and eye protection are required.
Serious injury could result to personnel if safety precautions are not observed.
A step aid may be required to change fluorescent bulb.
1. Unclip the six retaining clips (1) and remove plastic lens cover (2).
2. Remove the bulb retaining clips (3), if fitted (two per bulb).
3. Support fluorescent bulb (4) firmly and twist.
4. Remove old bulb and replace with a new fluorescent bulb of equal size and wattage.
5. Insert new bulb (4) in sockets and twist to lock.
6. Install the bulb retaining clips (3), if fitted (two per bulb).
7. Install the plastic lens cover (2), and secure with the six retaining clips (1).