CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
GROUNDING ROD ASSEMBLY
CL/CLS set up and operating.
Inspect the Grounding Rod Assembly
Power must be shut down and the power cable disconnected from the Containerized
Latrine/Containerized Latrine System before servicing the grounding rod. Failure to
follow this warning could result in serious injury or death to personnel by electrocution.
1. Disconnect main power supply.
2. Disconnect 60A pigtail cable (1) from power entry panel (2) and install dust cover.
3. Disconnect the splice connector (3) from the ground terminal (4), and remove the connector and
ground wire (5).
4. Inspect the splice connector (3) and ground terminal (4) for material damage and corrosion. Replace
an unserviceable splice connector.
5. Inspect the ground wire (5) for corrosion or physical damage, such as broken strands. Replace a
damaged ground wire.
6. Install the driving rod (6) and slide hammer (7) onto the ground rod assembly (8). Ensure the anvil (9)
is on the uppermost end of the driving rod. Use the slide hammer to retrieve the ground rod
7. Disassemble and clean the ground rod assembly (8).