CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
General Purpose Detergent Spray Bottle (Item 18, WP 0118 00)
Safety Splash Goggles (Item 39, WP 118 00)
CL set up.
Clean Waste Holding Tank #2
Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber
gloves, safety splash goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for
contact with wastewater or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be
contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk
of serious illness or death to personnel.
Never mix chemicals or detergent and sanitizing solutions. This may produce highly toxic
or poisonous gas that can cause serious illness or death to personnel.
1. Ensure 4-inch valve assembly (1), if fitted, is open (if CL is not connected to any blackwater system,
have contents pumped out by WWVT/T).
2. Flush all toilets (2), urinal (3), and open all faucets for several minutes to flush the system.
3. Open the access panel (4).
4. Set sump pump switch (5) to ON position until contents of tank #1 (6) are emptied into tank #2 (7).
When tank #1 is empty, the pump will start picking up air, creating a sucking sound from the sump
pump, and blackwater movement in tank #2 will slow or stop.
5. Close the fresh water branch line gate valve servicing the CL. Refer to TM 10-5419-206-13 (Force
Provider) for additional information.