CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
General Purpose Detergent Spray Bottle (Item 18, WP 0118 00)
Safety Splash Goggles (Item 39, WP 00118 00)
CLS set up.
Clean Waste Holding Tank #2 During Waste Evacuation
Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber
gloves, safety splash goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for
contact with wastewater or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be
contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk
of serious illness or death to personnel.
Never mix chemicals or detergent and sanitizing solutions. This may produce highly toxic
or poisonous gas that can cause serious illness or death to personnel.
1. Flush all toilets (1), urinal (2), and open all faucets for several minutes to flush the system.
2. Set sump pump switch (3) to ON position until contents of tank #1 (4) are emptied into tank #2 (5).
When tank #1 is empty, the pump will start picking up air, creating a sucking sound from the sump
pump, and blackwater movement in tank #2 will slow or stop.
3. Open waste tank valve (6) to flush solids to center of holding tank #2 (5).
4. Open the access panel (7), and using a paddle, direct all solids towards drain. If 4-inch valve
assembly (8) and 4-inch hose are used, allow the last of the contents of tank #2 (5) to drain.
Otherwise, have blackwater pumped out of tank #2 (5).
5. After complete evacuation of the wastewater and solid waste, close waste tank valve (6).
6. Have blackwater pumped out of tank #2 (5) and delivered to disposal site.