CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
COLD WEATHER EQUIPMENT
CL set up and operating.
Inspect the Heat Trace Hose Assembly
Use caution when performing maintenance on heat traced components. Allow heat-
traced components to cool at least 15 minutes before attempting any maintenance.
Severe burns to personnel may result if equipment is improperly handled.
1. Ensure heat trace hose is unplugged.
2. Inspect hose assembly (1) for cuts, holes, chafing, and exposed wiring.
3. Ensure hose assembly (1) is not frozen over.
4. Inspect hose connections (2) for deformation and cracks.
5. Ensure hose gaskets (3) are serviceable and in place.
6. Inspect the extension cord (4) for physical damage, such as bent or missing male prongs (hot,
neutral, ground), cut or chafed insulation, loose plug connections, or exposed wiring.
7. Ensure the plug ends (5) are serviceable, with no signs of damage or burns, and secure.