CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
DRAFT INDUCER FAN
Test the Draft Inducer Fan
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
(or tests) such as replacing a light bulb. Remember that the latrine is a wet environment
capable of posing an electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with
energized wires or metal parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
1. Remove the cover (1) from junction box (2).
2. Tag and disconnect the wiring in the junction box (2).
3. Use a multimeter set to read resistance (ohms Ω) to test for continuity between the black (hot) and
white (neutral) wires coming from the motor. There should be continuity between the two wires (0 1
ohms Ω). If there is no continuity, replace the draft inducer fan (3).
(ground) wires coming from the motor, and then the white and green wires. There should be no
continuity between the two wires (infinite ohms Ω). If there is continuity, replace the draft inducer fan
5. Reconnect the draft inducer fan motor wiring as tagged.
6. Install the cover (1) onto the junction box (2).