Replace Exhaust Fan
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
(or tests) such as replacing a light bulb. Remember that the latrine is a wet environment
capable of posing an electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with
energized wires or metal parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
Do not stand on commode while performing this maintenance task. The commode may
Removal of the shelf adjacent to the exhaust fan may ease replacement of the exhaust
1. Ensure power is disconnected.
2. Remove shelf (1).
3. Remove the cover (2) from the exhaust fan junction box (3).
4. Tag and disconnect the wiring (4).
5. Remove conduit locknut and disconnect exhaust fan conduit (5) from fan junction box (3).
6. Remove fan mounting screws (6).
7. Remove exhaust fan (7).
8. Place new exhaust fan (7) into position.
9. Connect exhaust fan conduit (5) into fan junction box (3) and secure with locknut.
10. Install fan mounting screws (6). Do not overtighten.
11. Connect wiring (4) to the replacement fan (7) as tagged.
12. Install junction box cover (2).
13. Install shelf (1).
14. Reconnect power and test for normal operation.