Replace Water Pump Switch (CLS only) and Interior Light Switch
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
(or tests) such as replacing a light bulb. Remember that the latrine is a wet environment
capable of posing an electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with
energized wires or metal parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in
serious injury or death to personnel.
When replacing electrical components, wire for wire connection is recommended. In wire
for wire replacement, wires are disconnected one at a time from the component and
immediately connected to the replacement component.
1. Remove the two switch cover screws (1).
2. Remove the switch cover (2).
3. Remove the screws retaining the switch (3), and remove the switch.
4. Disconnect and tag the wiring at the switch poles (4).
5. Connect the wires as tagged to the new switch (3) at the switch poles (4).
6. Wrap electrical tape around the switch (3) to insulate wire connections.
7. Install the new switch (3) and retain with two screws.
8. Replace the switch cover (2), and secure with two screws (1).