CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
General Mechanics Tool Kit (Item 5, WP 00726 00)
CL/CLS operating with power and water
Test Exterior GFCI Outlet (CLS only)
ELECTRICITY CAN KILL YOU. The latrine is a wet environment capable of poising an
electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal
parts. Electricity is unlike most hazards; its effect is immediate. Failure to use extreme
caution may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Ensure that the RESET button has been pushed before proceeding further.
1. Locate the GFCI convenience outlet (1) to the left of the 4-inch blackwater discharge (2).
2. Press the TEST button on the GFCI, and then reset the test button.
3. Using a multimeter set to read at least 250VAC, check for power between each receptacle inlet (3).
There should be approximately 115VAC between the two receptacle inlets.
4. Use a multimeter set to read at least 250VAC to check for power at ground inlet (4). There should be
no power reading between either receptacle inlet (3) and the ground inlet. If power exists, turn main
breaker to OFF.
5. If the GFCI convenience outlet (1) passes steps 2., 3., and 4. successfully, no further testing is
required. If not, disconnect power and proceed to the next step.
6. Remove marine caulking from around outlet.
7. Remove screws (5) from faceplate (6) and remove faceplate.