Test Water Supply Pump Outlet (CLS only)
High voltage is present on this equipment. Serious injury or death to personnel may
result if safety precautions are not observed.
A step aid may be required to perform this maintenance task.
1. Unplug water pump (1).
2. Using a multimeter set to read at least 250VAC, check for power between each receptacle inlet (2).
There should be approximately 208VAC between any two receptacle inlets.
3. Use a multimeter set to read at least 250VAC to check for power at ground inlet (3). There should be
no power reading between either receptacle inlet (2) and the ground inlet. If power exists, turn main
breaker to OFF.
4. If the water supply outlet (4) passes steps 2. and 3. successfully, no further testing is required. If not,
disconnect power and proceed to the next step.
5. Remove four retaining screws (5) from faceplate (6) and remove faceplate.
6. Remove two screws (7) holding outlet (4) to wire raceway (8).
7. Pull outlet (4) out enough to provide access to the wire connections.
8. Tag wires (9) and remove outlet (4).
9. Use a multimeter set to read ohms (Ω) to test for continuity in each outlet (4). If no continuity exists
between inlets (2) and terminals (10), replace outlet. If continuity exists between any terminals and
ground, replace outlet.
10. Reconnect wires (9) to terminals (10) as tagged.
11. Install outlet (4) and retain with screws (7).
12. Install faceplate (6) and retain with screws (5).
13. Reconnect power.
14. Turn main breaker to ON. Turn breaker #9 and #11 to ON. Ensure that water pump switch (11) is
15. Repeat steps 2. and 3.