Test ECU Outlet
High voltage is present on this equipment. Serious injury or death to personnel may
result if safety precautions are not observed.
1. Unplug ECU (1).
2. Using a multimeter set to read at least 250VAC, check for power between each receptacle inlet (2).
There should be approximately 208VAC between the two receptacle inlets.
3. Use a multimeter set to read at least 250VAC to check for power at ground inlet (3). There should be
no power reading between either receptacle inlet (2) and the ground inlet. If power exists, turn main
breaker to OFF.
4. If the outlet (4) passes steps 2. and 3. successfully, no further testing is required. If not, proceed to
the next step.
5. Disconnect power.
6. Remove four retaining screws (5) from faceplate (6) and remove faceplate.
7. Remove two screws (7) holding outlet (4) to wire raceway (8).
8. Pull outlet (4) out enough to provide access to wire connections.
9. Tag wires (9) and remove outlet (4).
10. Use a multimeter set to read ohms (Ω) to test for continuity. If no continuity exists between inlets (2)
and terminals (10), replace outlet (4). If continuity exists between any terminals and ground, replace
11. Place outlet (4) into position.
12. Reconnect wires (9) to terminals (10) as tagged.
13. Install outlet (4) and retain with screws (7).
14. Place faceplate (5) into position and retain with screws (6).
15. Reconnect power.
16. Turn main breaker to ON. Turn breaker #10 and #12 to ON.
17. Repeat steps 2. and 3.