Replace Sump Pump Outlet
ELECTRICITY CAN KILL YOU. The latrine is a wet environment capable of poising an
electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal
parts. Electricity is unlike most hazards; its effect is immediate. Failure to use extreme
caution may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
A step aid may be required to perform this maintenance task.
When replacing electrical components, wire for wire connection is recommended. In wire
for wire replacement, wires are disconnected one at a time from the component and
immediately connected to the replacement component.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Remove four screws (1) and cover (2) to junction box (3).
3. Unplug sump pump from outlet (4).
4. Remove four screws (5) from outlet bracket (6) and remove outlet bracket.
5. Remove two screws (7) and nuts (8) holding outlet (4) to outlet bracket (6).
6. Pull outlet (4) out enough to provide access to the wires (9).
7. Tag wires (9) and remove outlet (4).
8. Connect wires (9) to replacement outlet (4) as tagged.
9. Install outlet (4) in outlet bracket (6) and retain with screws (7) and nuts (8).
10. Install outlet bracket (6) and retain with screws (5).
11. Reconnect power, plug in sump pump, and test for normal operation.
12. Reinstall cover (2) and retain with screws (1).