Replace the Flange Seal
Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. Heavy-duty rubber apron, rubber
gloves, safety splash goggles and/or face shield are required when potential exists for
contact with wastewater or contaminated surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be
contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk
of serious illness or death to personnel.
1. Ensure the water supply to the commode at the water supply valve (1) is closed.
2. Remove the seat assembly (2) by pulling straight up.
3. Disconnect the water supply hose (3).
4. Remove the shroud (4).
5. Remove the two nuts (5) retaining the commode (6), and remove the commode.
6. Turn the commode (6) upside down, and remove the seal (7) from the commode.
7. Install the replacement seal (7) onto the commode (6). The seal is directional place the flat side to
8. Install the commode (6) onto the closet flange (8), and secure with two nuts (5).
9. Install the water supply hose (3) to the commode (6).
10. Open water supply valve (1), and check for leaks.
11. Install the shroud (4).
12. Install the seat assembly (2).
13. Clean tools and/or personal protective clothing and individual's equipment using a general purpose
detergent solution, then sanitize using a ten-to-one solution of household bleach in warm water (i.e.
6-ounces in 2-quarts of water) and allow to air dry.