Replace Commode, Thetford Bravura Model
Heavy-duty rubber aprons, rubber gloves, safety goggles (chemical protection), and/or
face shields (chemical/biological protection) are required when in contact with wastewater
or contaminated surfaces. Material may contain bacteria or viruses that present a danger
to life or health.
1. Close water supply to the commode (1) from freshwater line valve (2).
2. Lift seat assembly (3) from commode (1).
3. Disconnect water line (4) from commode water valve elbow (5) with wrench.
4. Remove front shroud (6).
5. Remove mounting nut (7) and bolt (8).
6. Lift and remove commode (1).
7. Install new closet flange seal (9) into closet flange groove (10).
8. Place new commode (1) into position.
9. Install mounting bolt (8) and nut (7), hand tight.
10. Secure mounting nut (7) to mounting bolt (8).
11. Reconnect water line (4) to water valve elbow (5).
12. Install seat assembly (3) and front shroud (6).
13. Open water supply to the commode (1) from fresh-water line valve (2).
14. Clean tools and/or personal protective clothing and individual's equipment using a general purpose
detergent solution, then sanitize using a ten-to-one solution of household bleach in warm water (i.e.
6-ounces in 2-quarts of water) and allow to air dry.