Note position of PVC water supply and discharge.
11. Remove PVC supply (3) and discharge (4) pipe and fittings from water heater (1).
12. Install PVC supply (3) and discharge (4) pipe and fittings onto replacement water heater (1).
Ensure that PVC pipe and fittings are aligned correctly.
The replacement hot water heater should be fitted with a pressure relief valve. If the
replacement hot water heater is not fitted with a pressure relief valve, remove the
pressure relief valve from the damaged water heater and install on the replacement water
The water heater ships with screws attaching it to the mounting brackets. The screws
may be discarded if the water heater has been replaced.
13. Install replacement water heater (1) under sink and into the mounting brackets (9), and align
the water heater to match the water supply (3) and discharge (4) connections.
CL/CLS may be fitted with PVC pipe unions, which may be disconnected with slip joint
pliers. If not, PVC pipe must be cut and reconnected with couplings. If a CL/CLS is not
fitted with pipe unions, this task must be carried out by Direct Support maintenance
personnel. Refer to WP 0065 00 for instructions to install PVC couplings onto PVC pipe.
14. Connect the water supply (3) and discharge (4) PVC pipes.
15. Install the strap (8) securing the water heater (1) to the sink assembly.
16. Remove the service panel (5) and insulation from the replacement water heater (1).
17. Install the power supply conduit (6) into the replacement water heater, and secure with locknut
18. Connect the power supply wiring to the replacement water heater (1) as tagged.
19. Install the insulation and service panel (5), and retain with screw.
20. Close the water heater drain valve (2).