CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
30 GPM INTERNAL WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY
TEST, SERVICE, ADJUST, REPLACE
Pipe Sealant (Item 6, WP 0118 00)
Set water heater circuit breaker (2B) and water
pump circuit breaker (#9/11) to the OFF
Test the Water Pump Pressure Switch
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
such as replacing a light bulb. The latrine is a wet environment capable of posing an
electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal
parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in serious injury or death to
Failure to disconnect power from the water heater may result in a burnt-out element.
1. Ensure water heater circuit breaker #2B (1) and water pump circuit breaker #9/11 are set to the OFF
2. Unplug the water pump power cord (2) from the receptacle (3).
3. Remove the screws retaining the pump cover (4), and remove the cover.
4. Remove the cover (5) from the pressure switch (6).
5. Press down the operating plate (7), and, using a multi-meter set to read ohms, check for continuity
between the line terminals (8) and the load terminals (9). Each line terminal should have continuity to
one load terminal.
6. Check for continuity between each line terminal (8). There should be no continuity.
7. Tag and disconnect the load terminals (9).