Service the 1 -inch Y Strainer
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
such as replacing a light bulb. The latrine is a wet environment capable of posing an
electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal
parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in serious injury or death to
Failure to disconnect power from the water heater may result in a burnt out element.
1. Ensure water heater circuit breaker #2B (1) and water pump circuit breaker are set to the OFF
2. Unplug the water pump power cord (2) from the receptacle (3).
3. Remove the screws retaining the pump cover (4), and remove the cover.
4. Relieve pressure for the water system by opening the urinal flush valve (5).
5. Place a pipe wrench on the body of the Y strainer (6) to prevent it from turning.
6. Use an adjustable wrench to remove the strainer element cap (7).
7. Clean the strainer element (8) of visible sediment and debris.
8. Ensure the gasket (9) is in place and is serviceable.
9. Install the strainer element (8) and cap (9). Do not overtighten.
10. Reconnect power to the water pump by plugging the pump power cord (2) into the receptacle (3) and
set the water pump circuit breaker to the ON position.
11. Open the urinal flush valve (5) to remove any air from the system.
12. Check for leakage.
13. Install the pump cover (4), and retain with screws.
14. Switch the water heater circuit breaker (1) to ON, and operate IAW instructions given in WP 0009 00.
Monitor for normal operation.