Replace the Pressure Tank
Always secure and tag circuit breakers in the OFF position or disconnect equipment's
power cord from receptacle before attempting any electrical repairs, even minor repairs
such as replacing a light bulb. The latrine is a wet environment capable of posing an
electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal
parts. Failure to observe this safety warning may result in serious injury or death to
Failure to disconnect power from the water heater may result in a burnt out element.
A step aid may be required to perform this maintenance task.
1. Ensure the water heater circuit breaker #2B (1) and water pump circuit breaker #9/11 are set to the
2. Disconnect the water pump power cord (2) from the water pump outlet (3), and relieve pressure on
the system by opening the faucets until there is no water flow.
3. Remove the screws retaining the pump cover (4), and remove the cover.
4. Remove the four mounting bolts (5) from wall studs (6). Remove mounting bracket (7).
5. Unscrew the pressure tank (8) from the pipe bushing (9).
6. Coat the new pressure tank fitting (10) with pipe sealant.
7. Install new pressure tank (8) on the pipe bushing (9).
8. Secure new pressure tank (8) with mounting bracket (7) to wall studs (6) with four mounting bolts (5).
9. Install the pump cover (4), and retain with screws.
10. Prime pump IAW WP 0009 00, reconnect the power cord (2), switch the water heater circuit breaker
(1) and water pump circuit breaker
ON position, and operate
in WP 0009 00.
11. Monitor for normal operation.