CONTAINERIZED LATRINE (CL)
CONTAINERIZED LATRINE SYSTEM (CLS)
SUMP PUMP ASSEMBLY
CL/CLS set up and operating.
General Purpose Detergent Spray Bottle (Item 18, WP 0118 00)
Test the Sump Pump
ELECTRICITY CAN KILL YOU. The latrine is a wet environment capable of posing an
electrical shock hazard when personnel have direct contact with energized wires or metal
parts. Electricity is unlike most hazards; its effect is immediate. Failure to use extreme
caution may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
No tests are performed on the sump pump directly. The test performed here is done to
isolate the sump pump from other problems that may occur.
1. Remove screws retaining junction box cover (1), and remove junction box cover.
2. Disconnect sump pump twistlock plug (2) from sump pump outlet (3).
3. Turn sump pump switch (4) ON.
4. Using multimeter set to read at least 250VAC, test for power at sump pump outlet (3) as described in
5. If power is present at outlet, replace an inoperative sump pump.
6. Switch pump OFF at switch (4). Reconnect sump pump twistlock plug (2) to sump pump outlet (3),
and reinstall junction box cover (1).