7. Tag and disconnect the wiring from the breaker to be tested.
8. Set breaker to be tested to the OFF position, and then test from one pole (7) to the opposite pole
9. Set breaker to be tested to the ON position, and test from one pole (7) to the opposite pole using a
Two and three phase breakers should be tested as two or three separate single phase
breakers, respectively. If any leg of the two or three phase breaker is defective, the
entire breaker must be replaced.
10. Test across phases on two or three phase breakers (2). There should be no continuity.
11. Identify defective circuit breaker(s) (2) and replace. If a circuit breaker passes all tests, reconnect the
wires as tagged.
12. Install the circuit breaker panel plate (6) and retain with screws.
13. Install the circuit breaker panel cover (4) and retain with captive screws.
14. Reconnect power, set breakers (2) to the ON position, and monitor for normal operation.